- Pictures of STDs
- Herpes Virus 1 Pictures Oral Herpes
- herpes simplex virus 1 blisters on lips
- herpes simplex virus hsv 1 on mouth
- herpes simplex virus 1 hsv1 around mouth
- herpes simplex virus 1 hsv1 illustration
- infected with herpes simplex virus 1
- herpes simplex virus 1 on mouth
- herpes simplex virus 1 nares surrounding mouth
- herpes simplex virus 1 open sores on lip
- herpes simplex virus 1 oral blister
- herpes simplex virus 1 oral blisters
- herpes simplex virus hsv 1 with pink oral infection plus blisters
- herpes simplex virus hsv 1 lip blisters
- herpes simplex virus 1 herpatic stomatitus
- herpes simplex virus 1 blisters on mouth
- herpes simplex virus 1 cold sores
- herpes simplex virus 1 fever blister
- herpes simplex virus hsv 1 on lips
- herpes simplex virus 1 labialis
- herpes simplex virus 1 on lips
- herpes simplex virus 1 labialis
- herpes simplex virus 1 on lower lip
- herpes simplex virus 1 upper lip
- herpes simplex virus 1 with mouth bumps
- herpes simplex virus 1 oral lesions
- Herpes Simplex Virus 1 on Female Lips
- Herpes Virus 2 Pictures
- female herpes simplex virus 2 anal herpes
- male herpes simplex virus 2 on genital
- male herpes simplex virus hsv 2 infection on man private parts
- male herpes simplex virus 2 neurotropic virus on penis
- female herpes simplex virus 2 painfully sore vagina
- male herpes simplex virus 2 with open sores on penis
- female herpes simplex virus 2 on pussy
- female herpes simplex virus 2 std on genital
- male herpes simplex virus 2 sti penis lesions
- female herpes simplex virus hsv 2 around vagina
- female herpes simplex virus 2 vaginal infection
- female herpes simplex virus 2 vaginal opening lesions
- male herpes simplex virus 2 viral std infection
- female herpes simplex virus hsv 2 on vagina
- male herpes simplex virus 2 herpetic scab near penis tip
- female herpes simplex virus 2 vaginal lesions
- male herpes simplex virus 2 genital blisters
- female herpes simplex virus 2 genital epidemic
- male herpes simplex virus 2 on genitals
- male herpes simplex virus 2 genitals sex disease
- male herpes simplex virus 2 dick infection
- male herpes simplex virus 2 genitals breakout
- female herpes simplex virus 2 on anus
- male herpes simplex virus 2 penis bumps
- male herpes simplex virus 2 penis lesion
- male herpes simplex virus 2 penis lesions
- herpes simplex virus 2 hsv2 illustration
- male herpes simplex virus 2 visible penis sores
- male herpes virus 2 red bumps on penis
- Chlamydia Pictures
- Gonorrhea Pictures
- female gonorrhea infection on vagina
- the clap gonorrhea infection showing dripping penile juice
- gonorrhea std infection on penis with goo discharge
- gonorrhea infection dick pus discharge
- male gonorrhea infection with goop flowing out of penis opening
- gonorrhea virus infection fluid secretion on penis
- gonorrhea infection vaginal discharge
- gonorrhea std infection illustration
- gonorrhea infection penis lesion
- male gonorrhea infection on genitals
- gonorrhea infection with gleet discharge
- gonorrhea eye infection
- cock gonococcus infection
- gonococcal lesion infection on wrist
- gonorrhea foot infection
- gonorrhea finger infection
- gonorrhea infection vaginal discharge during exam
- Secondary Syphilis Pictures
- secondary syphilis infection condyloma latum on anus
- secondary syphilis infection outbreak on foot
- secondary syphilis legs infection
- secondary syphilis infection on both hands
- secondary syphilis infection hand rash
- secondary syphilis peeling skin foot infection
- secondary syphilis epidemic infection on hands feet
- pink secondary syphilis infection rash on body
- contagious secondary syphilis infection on ball sack
- secondary syphilis infection rash on hands
- Primary Syphilis Pictures
- male primary syphilis infection painless genital chancre
- female primary syphilis infection chancre near vagina
- primary syphilis cock infection
- primary syphilis infection pink bumps on weenie
- female primary syphilis infection on vagina
- female primary syphilis infectious lesions
- male primary syphilis infection with penile chancre
- primary syphilitic infection penis chancre
- primary syphilis tongue infection
- primary syphilis infection facial chancre
- primary syphilis infection finger chancre
- primary syphilis infection lip ulcer
- primary syphilis infection penile lesion
- primary syphilis sexual infection on shaft of male sex organ
- primary syphilis infection tongue sore
- primary syphilitic infectious chancres on entire face
- primary syphilis infection male genitals
- primary syphilis infection schlong skin lesion
- female primary syphilis infection anal ulcers
- primary syphilis breast infection
- male primary syphilis infection treponema pallidum virus on pecker
- STD Blog
- STD Videos
(PRWEB) September 30, 2011
Young Aussies are unaware of important sexual health facts and its putting them at risk, according to results from the Bupa Sexual Health Survey 2011* released last month.
The survey of 18-35 year old Australians has revealed a series of myths and misconceptions regarding sexual health, highlighting the need for young Australians to stay up to date on the latest sexual health information.
Alarmingly, nearly one in ten young men believe the contraceptive pill protects against sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and one in five males are unaware that catching an STD could affect their fertility.
Nearly half of respondents believe that Pap smears can detect STDs, despite widespread health education campaigns highlighting that Pap tests are a cancer screening tool.
Dr Stan Goldstein, Bupas Head of Clinical Advisory said arming young Australians with the right knowledge is an important part of helping them make the right sexual health choices.
The level of misinformation about sexual health should be a concern, particularly given recent figures which show the incidence of STDs has been increasing again in Australia, Dr Goldstein said.
The survey also revealed that four in ten young Australians do not know when a woman is most fertile and therefore most likely to fall pregnant, which may be a contributing factor to a rise in unwanted pregnancies.
Dr Goldstein went on to say: Having the wrong information can undoubtedly contribute to Australians making the wrong decisions when it comes to contraception.
The increased risk of unwanted pregnancies can create significant and very long term consequences.
It is critical to continue investment in effective health education, so we can protect and maintain the health of young Australians by ensuring they get their facts straight, he said.
Busting the myths
Myth 1: Pap tests can detect sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
Fact: Pap smears do not check for STIs, they test for cancer of the cervix. To be tested for STIs or to have a sexual health check-up, you should see your doctor or visit a sexual health clinic.
Myth 2: The contraceptive pill protects against contracting STIs
Fact: The contraceptive pill will protect against unplanned pregnancy if used properly but does not protect against STIs at all.
Myth 3: Catching a STI will not affect a persons fertility
Fact: STIs including Chlamydia, gonorrhoea, non-specific urethritis and cervicitis can cause or increase the risk of infertility in both men and women.
View the Bupa Sexual Health Survey infographic
*About the survey
Pure Profile conducted a survey of 603 Australian males and 600 Australian females aged 18-35. The survey was conducted nationally in July 2011 and uncovered a series of misconceptions regarding sexual health.
About Bupa in Australia
As Australias largest privately owned healthcare group, Bupas purpose is to help Australians live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Bupa Australia Pty Limited proudly provides health insurance to more than three million Australians under the well known health insurance brands MBF, HBA, and Mutual Community. It also provides complementary healthcare services through Bupa Health Dialog Pty Ltd, Bupa Wellness Pty Ltd (trading as Peak Health Management) and Health Eyewear Pty Limited (trading as Blink Optical). Bupa Care Services Pty Limited is an aged care provider with 47 facilities around Australia.
Bupa focuses on providing sustainable healthcare solutions that represent real value, and on leading the industry in the promotion of preventive health and wellness helping customers better manage their health for the long-term. Bupas Australian businesses are part of the international Bupa Group, which cares for more than 30 million people in over 190 countries.
- 10 Common STD Symptoms in Men
- Lloydspharmacy Study Reveals Worrying Results on Sexually Transmitted Infections | STD Pictures
- TeenHelp.com Expands Website Section on Sexually Transmitted Disease Statistics | STD Pictures
- Global Automated and Rapid Microbiological Tests Market to Reach US$4.5 Billion by 2017, According to New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc. | STD Pictures